Stopping bbspam mail
- You have installed Textual Confirmation for phpBB2
- You use the free community version of this tool
- Each time a spam registration is blocked, this version sends a notification to you and to the community database
- As phpBB2 is retired, the community database is also retired and switched off
- Your server can't send the report and notifies you about it
- You think that the emails are sent from bbspam.com
Ok, me. I should have planned the end of the product live in advance.
What to do?
Sorry, but I can do nothing. The mails are sent by a tool installed on your server using your mail server, without any connection to bbspam.com.
What can you do:
- Uninstall or disable Textual Confirmation
- Upgrade from the community edition to the business edition ($30)
- If you know PHP, edit the code and disable emailing functionality
Textual Confirmation was one of the best antispam tools for phpBB2, its revised version Advanced Textual Confirmation is still one of the best antispams for PHP sites. Together, they saved a lot of time for the site owners. Read testimonials.
Oleg Parashchenko, http://uucode.com/